Looking for housing for the spring or summer?
Any student who has a temporary job or studies in Helsinki metropolitan area can apply for Hoas summer apartment. This applies also for students whose school is outside the capital region.
- Summer apartments are available from January to August
- Apartments are located in Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa, outside of the central areas.
- The rents for shared apartments vary from 290 to 440 euros/month and for family apartments between 600 and 1000 euros/month
Shared apartments and family apartments outside of the city centre
Summer apartments are mainly rooms in a shared apartment. There are some family apartments, too.
There are no summer apartments available in Helsinki city centre or in the areas close to the centre.
Summer homes are unfurnished, which means that you need to bring your own bed and lamp. The apartments are equipped with normal fixtures such as refrigerator, stove and usually a wardrobe as well.
There is a free internet connection in the apartment. Water is included in the rent and in shared apartments electricity is also included in the rent. Nearly all Hoas properties have a sauna and laundry for the tenants to reserve free of charge.
An affordable home for the summer
The rent in shared apartment varies approximately between 290-440 euros/month. Family apartments’ rents vary between 600 and 1000 euros/month depending on the size of the apartment.
On the application form fill in the amount of rent you are able to pay at maximum. All housing offers are made according to the maximum rent the applicant has marked on the application.
The deposit payment in shared apartment is 260 euros and in family apartment it is 500 euros.
For more information, contact our housing services firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by filling in a housing application
You can fill in the application once you have received a confirmation of your summer job or summer school.
One usually gets one housing offer for a summer apartment.
- Select Internship or summer job in the capital region as the school
- Select Work experience or temporary job as your degree
- Enter the name and address of your summer job
- Enter the dates when the need for an apartment starts and when the need for an apartment ends
Can I stay in the apartment after summer?
If you get a study place from the capital area and meet the criteria for tenant selection, you may be able to stay in the apartment after summer.