Furniture in Hoas exchange student apartments
The following basic equipment comes with each apartment for exchange student apartments. The models, numbers, and types of furniture may vary from one apartment to another.
- Bed (80 or 90cmx200 cm)
- Bed linen (bed sheet, duvet cover, pillow case)
- Set of drawers* or stool
- Curtains/window shades
- Desk lamp
- Ceiling light
- Kitchen table
- Chairs, one for each tenant (2-8)
- Stove and/or oven
- Microwave oven
- Kitchen cupboards
- Ceiling light
- Vacuum cleaner
- Flat mop
- Shower curtain
- Drying rack
- Towel hooks
- Toilet brush
- Floor wiper
* In most cases, there are two pieces of each item in shared rooms and shared studios, one for each tenant. However, some apartments do not have two pieces of all items due to lack of space. Studios do not have a separate desk or set of drawers due to lack of space.
The furnished Hoas apartments are non-smoking, and pets are not allowed. Unfortunately, Hoas has no allergy-free apartments available. Read more on what is included in the rent.
What do I need to get myself?
For the international exchange student apartments you must acquire the following items for the apartment:
- Kitchen utensils
- Ethernet cable or wireless router
Hoas Internet requires an Ethernet RJ45 cable that all tenants must get themselves. If you want to use your connection wirelessly or there are other tenants wanting to share the connection, you can buy a wireless router.
The shared rooms and studios have only one Ethernet socket and tenant must get their own distribution device.
More information for exchange students
- How and when to apply for a furnished exchange student apartment
- What kind of furnished apartments are there for exchange students?
- List of furniture in the furnished exchange student apartments
- What services are included in the rent?
- Instructions for exchange students of University of Helsinki
- Information about housing offers, the deposit payment and when the agreement is confirmed
- Information about the tenancy agreement in a furnished apartment
- Deposit return